Supporters travelling to Amsterdam for our UEFA Europa League group stage match against Ajax on Thursday 9 November are advised to read the following important information in full.
Kick-off is 6.45pm local time, 5.45pm UK time.
Important and critical
The Club strongly urges all supporters to follow this guidance to ensure a good stay in Amsterdam.
Arriving in Amsterdam
Supporters are advised to head to Dam Square. This is a central square in the city and is recommended as it is a short walk to central station where the subway connects to the stadium. In this area there are plenty of bars, restaurants, and shops. BHAFC Supporter Liaison Officers and Stewards will be in the area to help fans, along with Sussex Police who will be working with the Dutch Police.
- The government’s travel advice for the Netherlands.
- A Club travel line, will be available throughout the matchday and up until kick off of the match for any supporters experiencing problems. This number will be promoted to fans travelling in due course.
- Whilst in the Netherlands supporters are advised to follow a dedicated twitter handle to ensure they are informed with up-to-date information from the Club and Police. This will be provided to ticket holders nearer the date of the game.
- Drinking in public places in the streets of Amsterdam is illegal.
- The official currency of the Netherlands is the Euro.
Passports must have been issued less than 10 years before the date of entry to the Netherlands (check the ‘date of issue’) and be valid for at least three months after the day of departure (check the ‘expiry date’).
Passports issued before 1 October 2018 may have extra months added to their expiry date which will not be valid when travelling to the EU. Supporters are advised to check their passports meet these requirements before travelling.
Ticket Collection & ID
- Every individual ticket holder will be required to collect their tickets in person, with matching photo ID (passport) from the ticket collection point near to Dam Square and Central Station. Details of the location of the collection point will be emailed directly to ticket holders.
- The collection point will be open from afternoon to early evening the day before the match.
- On the day of the match, collections will open from the morning until 3 hours before kick-off.
- All tickets must be collected from the collection point, there will be no exceptions and no option to collect from the stadium.
- Please note it is the law in the Netherlands to carry photo ID (passport/driving license) at all times in the city.
Getting to the stadium
Those with tickets in the visitors’ section:
- BHAFC fans are advised to take the subway line 54 from central station to Strandvliet-ArenA station which is situated closest to the visitor’s entrance. This is a 15 – 20 minute ride.
- The visitor’s entrance is Entrance K which is approximately 500m from the subway exit.
- Visitors’ turnstiles open 2 hours before kick-off and supporters are advised to arrive early
- Walking towards the visitor’s entrance supporters will be ticket checked, body searched and sniffer dogs will be present.
- Supporters should be aware that there are 130 steps to climb to get up the away concourse on the upper tier. Supporters taking seats in the rows nearer the back should note a further 70 steps will need to be climbed to get to the back rows.
- Please note the upper tier has a high rake and not suited to supporters with vertigo.
- The lower rows 1-10 require less steps but views are slightly impacted by the Perspex screen at the front.
- BHAFC fans are advised not to go to any of the areas in grey on the map above (eg around entrances F-M).
- BHAFC stewards and liaison staff will be on hand in the visitor’s entrance to assist supporters.
Those with Category 1 tickets:
- BHAFC fans are advised to take the subway line 54 from central station to Strandvliet-ArenA station. Walking past the visitor’s entrance, keeping the stadium on your left, you should continue around the stadium, past the main entrance to Entrance F.
- Entrance F opens 2 hours before kick-off and supporters are advised to arrive early.
Travel information for Wheelchair Users
Wheelchair users are advised to pre book taxi’s to and from the stadium and aim to arrive early (no later than 2 hours before kick-off). Taxi’s will be directed on arrival at the stadium to a drop off point, likely to be located close to the Jaz Hotel. Stewards will then direct you to your entrance detailed on your match ticket.
After the match, wheelchair users are advised to meet taxis at the Jaz hotel, but note that collection will need to take place once crowds have cleared and in coordination with stewards and police in the area.
At the Johan Cruijff Stadium
The stadium will be open to visiting supporters 2 hours before kick-off. Please note, food and drink cannot be taken into the stadium but can be purchased inside.
The stadium is cashless, so please bring a debit or credit card to pay for food and beverages.
The visitors’ section is seated in the upper tiers of the stadium which are extremely high and require climbing more than 150 steps, with a further 60 steps to get to the back rows.
BHAFC stewards will be present at the entrance and inside the stadium.
Wheelchair spaces are not situated within the visitors’ section but instead are behind the goal in front of the home section, elevated slightly by a platform. Home disabled supporters sit alongside visiting disabled supporters. We have an allocation of 12 wheelchair bays with PA seats alongside.
There is a ramp to access this platform and dedicated stewards within this area. At the bottom of the ramp is a dedicated catering outlet and disabled WC.
Supporters with Category 1 tickets
Category 1 tickets are located in the main stand Block 405/406. Category 1 tickets are located in the home section of the stadium through entrance F. Ticket holders in this area are advised not to wear colours and to be respectful of being situated in a home seating area.
Following a request from the Club, Ajax will make alcohol available to BHAFC supporters at the stadium.
Only A4 size bags will be permitted into the stadium. Do not bring bags larger than A4 size to the stadium. Bag storage facilities are not available near the visitor’s section.
Flags and banners
Small flags and banners (2m x 2m and under) are permitted and a fire safety certificate will need to be shown on entry. Flags will be checked by Ajax stewards before admission. Any larger flags will need to be pre-approved by contacting email@example.com no later than 7 days prior to the game with a picture of the flag, it’s dimensions, the fire safety certificate and who will be bringing it to the stadium. This will then be checked with Ajax.
Kiosks will accept card payments only for food and drinks.
Please note only small phone charging banks are permitted in the stadium.
Leaving the stadium
Supporters may be held back inside the stadium for up to 45 minutes after the final whistle for safety reasons. Access to toilets will be available during this time, but catering kiosks will close. Supporters are politely asked to remain patient and in their seats until permitted to leave.
Travelling Abroad with BHAFC
We are proud of our fantastic support and remind all supporters to act as ambassadors of the Club and be respectful and considerate to those who live and work in the cities and countries we are fortunate to visit. Please do not place flags or banners on local statues or monuments.
Supporters are reminded that discriminatory behaviour which includes shouting, chanting or actions such as racist, xenophobic, sectarian, homophobic, sexist or anti-disability behaviour is unacceptable.
If you witness incidents like these, please notify a steward immediately.
The Club reserves the right to indefinitely ban supporters found guilty of using discriminatory language.
Unauthorised use of tickets
Supporters are reminded that the unauthorised reselling or passing on of tickets is strictly prohibited and any fans found doing so will face sanctions.
Supporters who purchase tickets for away games and then find they are unable to travel MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible. Please note supporters who do not collect tickets or attend the match may face sanctions including being unable to purchase the future away matches.