Brighton & Hove Albion made their first signing of the January transfer window this evening, when they secured the services of Jurgen Locadia from PSV Eindhoven on a four-and-a-half-year deal.
As the 24-year-old striker joins up with the Albion, here’s a fact file on the latest Seagulls recruit.
- Sharp shooter – the forward has nine goals in 15 games so far this term in the Dutch Eredivisie.
- Helping hand – Locadia also has six assists to his name during the campaign in Holland’s top flight.
- International youth – Locadia has represented his country at under-17, under-18, under-19, under-20 and under-21 groups, as well as being called up to the senior squad.
- At the double – Locadia grabbed two goals in seven second half minutes during PSV’s 4-2 win away to Vitesse Arnhem earlier this season.
- Quite the debut – The forward made his debut for PSV in 2012 against VVV Venlo – his side ran out impressive 6-0 winners. The victory was made even more eye-catching by the fact that Locadia netted an 11-minute hat-trick having taken to the field in the 68th minute.
- Double Dutch winner – Locadia has won the Eredivise with PSV in both the 2014-15 and 2015-16 campaigns.
Click here to read the full story on the Dutchman's arrival.