Albion's shot-stopper could face Belgium and Italy next month.
Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper Niki Maenpaa has been called up to the Finland squad for the forthcoming friendly games against Belgium and Italy.
Hans Backe’s side take on Belgium on Wednesday 1st June in Brussels and then travel to Italy to face Antonio Conte’s Azzurri in Verona on Monday 6th June.
LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK
- REPORT: ALBION 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1
- ALBION WIN FOOTBALL LEAGUE FAMILY EXCELLENCE AWARD
- PROUD HUGHTON: USE DISAPPOINTMENT NEXT SEASON
- HUGHTON EXCITED BY ALBION FUTURE
- NEW DEALS FOR THREE; FIVE RELEASED
Maenpaa’s Albion compatriot, Vahid Hambo, has been called up to the Finland U21 squad for the European U21 Championship qualifier against the Faroe Islands on Thursday 2nd June.
He has also been drafted into a joint U21/national team camp prior to the game.