- Chelsea come from goal down to win 2-1
- Jordan Maguire-Drew put Albion ahead
- Isaac Christie-Davies equalises for Blues
- Josh Grant heads winner for hosts in 65th minute
Chelsea came from behind to narrowly beat Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-18s 2-1 at the London club’s Cobham training facility.
Albion’s Jordan Maguire-Drew had put the Seagulls ahead with a well taken lob over the Blues keeper, but the host fought back after the break.
LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK
- BOLTON IN NUMBERS
- HUGHTON: AWFUL DECISION COST US
- REPORT: BOLTON 2 ALBION 2
- FORSTER-CASKEY JOINS MK DONS
- PERRY: STADIUM ETCHED INTO SPORTS HISTORY
A well worked equaliser was fashioned on 58 minutes with Isaac Christie-Davies finishing off the move, before Josh Grant headed the Blues ahead seven minutes later.
Ian Buckman’s Seagulls pushed for an equaliser in the closing stages and Maguire-Drew came close to finding one, heading just over, but Chelsea’s defence held out for all three points.
Albion: Sanchez (GK), Moor (Rolph 82), Cox, Meyers, Cadman, Barker, Byrne (Morrison 65), Davies, Maguire-Drew, Sanders, Luis Garcia.
Subs not used: Hobbs, Cochrane.