- Albion under-21s beaten 3-0 by Blackburn Rovers
- Chris Taylor opens scoring for Blackburn
- Daniel Akindayini and Charlie Harris go close with score at 1-0
- Sacha Petshi and Anton Forrester add goals for Rovers in second half
Simon Rusk's side hadn’t lost a game by a bigger margin than one goal this season, but were undone in Lancashire by some clinical finishing from the hosts.
Chris Taylor put Blackburn ahead early on with a fine strike into the bottom corner, but Albion responded and almost levelled minutes later when Daniel Akindayini was denied by a terrific stop from Rovers keeper David Raya.
LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK
- BOLTON IN NUMBERS
- HUGHTON: AWFUL DECISION COST US
- REPORT: BOLTON 2 ALBION 2
- ALBION APPEAL MURPHY RED CARD
- PERRY: STADIUM ETCHED INTO SPORTS HISTORY
Charlie Harris shot straight at Raya just before the break, while Rovers almost doubled their lead just after the re-start, but Josh Smith was equal to Connor Mahoney’s near-post effort.
Blackburn did extend their advantage as the hour mark approached when Devarn Green squared for Sacha Petshi to finish.
Rover almost scored again four minutes later when Sam Lavelle headed a Mahoney free-kick wide, however the hosts did have their third of night on 71 minutes as Anton Forrester found the net with an excellent diving header from a Mahoney centre.
Albion: Smith (GK), Hunt, Barnett, Barclay, Dallison, White, Ward (Tilley 64), Starkey (Tighe 82), Akindayini (Kandi 72), Harris, Monakana.
Subs: Vose (GK), Cadman.
Tweets by @OfficialBHAFC