The Brighton Community Stadium hosted a thrilling Rugby World Cup contest as two-time World Champions South Africa suffered a shock 34-32 defeat to Japan.
Japan’s victory was their first World Cup win since 1991 and was sealed in dramatic fashion as Karne Hesketh scored an 84th-minute try to give the 2019 RWC hosts a stunning triumph.
For South Africa, it was their first defeat to Japan in their history and one of the most shocking results in the history of the Rugby World Cup that was played out in front of a sold-out stadium.
LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK
- PM'S VISIT TO THANK SHOREHAM HEROES
- JACOB REMF MARK PASSES £14,000 MARK
- TWO MATES FOR A TENNER EACH!
- BRACKLEY BLOG: A QUIET COMMENTARY
- OFFICIAL ALBION PODCAST IS BACK!
Tweets by @OfficialBHAFC