- Albion record their first consecutive victories of the season
- Archie Davies and Thomas Byrne on target for the Seagulls
- Brighton record their fourth win of the season
- Albion’s next game is away to Arsenal on Saturday 14th November
Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-18s claimed back-to-back victories for the first time this season after recording a 2-0 win away at Swansea City on Saturday.
Goals from Archie Davies and Thomas Byrne secured all three points for Ian Buckman’s side, who built on the previous week’s 1-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur.
The game began in an end-to-end fashion, with Luis Garcia’s strike from the edge of the box producing a save from Swans keeper Lewis Thomas.
LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK
- REPORT: ALBION 2 MK DONS 1
- ALBION'S DOUBLE AT THE FOOTBALL BUSINESS AWARDS
- BONG OUT UNTIL NEW YEAR
- HUGHTON PRAISES HIS HISTORY BOYS
- ALBION TRIO NAMED IN ENGLAND SQUAD
The hosts also had a chance to break the deadlock when a swerving corner from Jack Watts forced Albion keeper Robert Sanchez to punch the ball away from the goalmouth.
But it was Albion that took lead in the 35th minute thanks to Davies, who netted his second goal in as many games.
Swansea created further chances in a bid to bring parity to the scoreline; Joe Rodon’s header went wide before Brandon Griffiths narrowly failed to connect with a Mael Davies cross into the area.
The Seagulls scored their second when Byrne reacted quickly on the rebound to fire home from close range in the 64th minute.
ALBION: Sanchez; Morrison, Barker, Rolph, Cox; Davies (Cochrane 89), Meyers, Sanders; Garcia (Byrne 63), Mandroiu, O’Sullivan (Hutchinson 73).
SUBS NOT USED: Hobbs (GK).