- Goals from Tyler Frost, Gabriel Osho and Josh Barrett secure the Royals all three points
- Archie Davies has the best Albion chance in the second half
- The Seagulls sit tenth in the Barclays Under-18 Premier League South table
- Albion are next in action away at Aston Villa on 5th December
Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-18s were beaten 3-0 by Reading at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre on Saturday.
Goals from Tyler Frost, Gabriel Osho and Josh Barrett secured the Royals all three points.
The deadlock was broken in the 26th minute, when Barrett found Daniel Akinwunmi in space and the latter’s cross was fired home by Frost.
Albion created a few chances of their own in the first half, although the best opportunity of the game fell to Archie Davies, who missed the target after going clean through on goal.
But the Berkshire side doubled their advantage with 14 minutes of normal time remaining, as Albion failed to clear Barrett’s corner and Osho volleyed the ball past Seagulls shot-stopper Robert Sanchez.
Barrett added extra gloss to the scoreline in stoppage time, after he squeezed his shot in from a tight angle to make it 3-0.
LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK
- REPORT: ALBION 2 BIRMINGHAM 1
- GALLERY: BIRMINGHAM CITY
- SEAGULLS SIGN VAN LA PARRA
- WILSON SIGNS UNTIL END OF SEASON
- HALF-SEASON TICKETS NOW ON GENERAL SALE
Under-18 coach Ian Buckman said, “We started the game really well with a young line-up and I was pleased that we managed to play some good football in spells.”
“We moved the ball well and had some good chances at 0-0 and when we were 1-0 down too.
“But we didn’t take our opportunities and got punished. The lads worked hard, but we’ve just got to be a bit stronger around our box.
“We had chances at 1-0, but didn’t take them, and as soon as it went to 2-0, we left ourselves too open ahead of the third goal in injury time.”
ALBION: Sanchez; Morrison (Byrne 55), Rolph, Barker, Cox; Moore, Meyers, Sanders; Meekums (Maguire-Drew 45), Davies, O'Sullivan (Garcia 74).
SUBS NOT USED: Hobbs (GK), Hutchinson.