Brighton & Hove Albion will release detailed 2016/17 season-ticket renewal information for existing season-ticket and half-season-ticket holders in early February 2016.
There continues to be unprecedented demand for half-season tickets, which include a renewal option on a 2016/17 season ticket, and due to this, the club has confirmed the timeline for renewals earlier than usual:
- 2016/17 season-ticket renewal packs with full details for all 2015/16 season ticket holders will begin to land on doormats in mid-February 2016.
- 2015/16 season-ticket or half-season-ticket holders, who renew for the 2016/17 season before our March 2016 deadline, will typically see the adult season-ticket renewal price increase by just a couple of pounds per month, and under-18 prices by no more than 50 pence per month*.
- 2016/17 renewal prices will also be guaranteed to existing season-ticket holders or half-season-ticket holders, regardless of which division we play in for 2016/17.
- In addition, the renewal price is guaranteed to be lower than the 2016/17 season-ticket price for new season-ticket purchasers (e.g. – those fans who do not hold a season ticket or half-season ticket for the 2015/16 season).
- Interest-and-fee-free direct-debit scheme to be maintained and available to all supporters.**
- Recently extended subsidised-travel zone (to and from the Amex) continues to be included in the season-ticket price.
* As usual, full and specific pricing details for individual seats and price bands will be included in renewal packs to be distributed from mid-February 2016.
** Subject to previous payments on the scheme being up to date and fully maintained.
LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK
- REPORT: DERBY 2 ALBION 2
- GALLERY: DERBY COUNTY
- ALBION DRAWN AGAINST HULL
- HUGHTON DISAPPOINTED BY HARSH DECISION
- HALF-SEASON TICKETS NOW ON GENERAL SALE
Chief executive Paul Barber commented, "Thanks to the excellent job Chris Hughton, his staff, and our players have done in the first half of the season, we are seeing a huge interest in half-season tickets which, of course, is now the best way to guarantee a season ticket for the 2016/17 season.
"This interest is lifting our overall 2015/16 season-ticket numbers back towards the levels we have enjoyed in previous seasons and, if we can maintain our progress in the second half of the current season, then we would expect further significant demand for season tickets for next season.
"Our season-ticket holders have shown tremendous loyalty to the club, particularly after last season’s disappointing campaign, and we will always ensure the season ticket is the best-value way to watch the Albion across the full programme of league matches.
"We have not yet finalised all of our ticket pricing for next season, but we have already decided to take the unprecedented step of offering our existing season-ticket holders a special renewal price to reflect the ongoing loyalty and support they've shown to the club.
‘’As such, we are confirming now that our 2016/17 adult prices will rise by no more than a couple of pounds per month for existing adult season-tickets holders who choose to renew before the deadline and this price will stand regardless of which division the club plays in next season.
“We are also guaranteeing that the 2016/17 renewal price will be lower than the price to be paid by new 2016/17 season-ticket purchasers (i.e. those fans who don’t hold a season ticket or half season ticket during the current season), details of which will be announced towards the end of the current season.’’
The club has also confirmed the following further information:
- Those season-ticket holders who pay for either their season or half-season tickets by direct debit will auto-renew for 2016/17.
- Lump-sum payers will be able to renew from early February with a deadline in March to secure their seat at the special renewal price.
- Lump-sum payers will also get the opportunity to convert to payment by interest and fee free direct debit if they wish.
The club is also seeing a rapid growth in Seagulls Priority Bronze and Young Seagulls Plus membership, which includes a place on the waiting list for a 2016/17 season ticket.
Bronze and YS Plus members will get a priority period in which to purchase their 2016/17 season ticket from the best available remaining seats, after the renewal phase and before season tickets go on general sale (subject to availability).
Barber added, "With the growth in half-season tickets and Seagulls Priority Bronze and Young Seagulls Plus membership, it’s entirely possible that there may be a very limited number of season tickets available on general sale next summer."
Supporters are reminded that half-season tickets for 2015/16 (guaranteeing the opportunity to renew at the special price for the 2016/17 season) are only available until 4pm on 31st December 2015, and include every Championship home fixture from the match against Wolverhampton Wanderers until the end of the season.
Seagulls Priority Bronze and Young Seagulls Plus memberships are available to purchase now and include a priority period to purchase a season ticket (subject to availability).