Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

U18: Albion 2 Crystal Palace 2

14 September 2013

ALBION                     2
Muitt 35, 65

Ibe 70, List 87

Albion’s Under-18s were left frustrated by Crystal Palace, as James Muitt’s brace was cancelled out by strikes from Ibe and Elliot List.

Simon Rusk’s side dominated the first 45 minutes with some slick attacking football leading to a host of goalscoring opportunities.

Jack Rowe-Hurst hit the outside of the post after some good play involving Muitt and Charlie Harris, before the latter then set up Jordan Maguire-Drew with a shot from distance.

Palace had limited chances in the first-half, but Ben Barclay had to be alert to clear Eddie Dsane’s shot off the line.

The deadlock was eventually broken ten minutes before half-time, when Harris found Muitt in space on the left-hand side. The forward then drove his shot into the far corner beyond keeper Tom King to give the Seagulls a well-deserved lead.

The away side looked livelier after the break, as Javen Palmer took advantage of a slip by Dylan Lall, but the forward fired his shot straight at keeper Oliver Ray.

Rusk’s side then doubled their advantage with 25 minutes remaining, as Rowe-Hurst teed up Muitt for a tap-in at the far post.

But the Eagles got themselves right back into the match just five minutes later, when Joel Lumeya set up Ibe to make it 2-1 with some lovely movement and finishing inside the box.

Albion sought to kill off the game with the introduction of Jason Davis, whose pace continually caused problems for the Palace defence, but it was the away side that struck again.

Elliot List took advantage of a mix up in the Albion defence and coolly rounded Wray to slot the ball into the net, giving Palace an unlikely share of the spoils three minutes from time.

Albion: Wray (GK); Collar, Horncastle (Lall 52), Barclay, Cox; Benham, Maguire-Drew, Harris (Wiltshire 80); Deen (Davies 65), Rowe-Hurst, Muitt.

Subs not used: Colquhoun (GK), Pring.

Advertisement block