As a result of these post-match surveys, combined with our larger end of season survey, we have already been able to make plenty of changes – take a look here at what we’ve already been able to action.
In addition to this, we picked one lucky supporter at random who completed our 2018/19 end of season survey in full to win a 2019/20 home shirt. We also surprised him with a special call from Bernardo, congratulating him on winning this prize.
Now the 2019/20 season is underway, we’d like to share with you the most recent changes that have been made.
- We have installed a new and improved Wi-Fi system during the summer, and increased the coverage around the Amex for a better fan experience.
- We have regular PA system checks before each match from different parts of the stadium.
- Paper cups have now been introduced in Dick’s Bar. The cup uses 90% less single use plastic than a standard plastic glass. This was trialled at our first home game against West Ham United and will now be rolled out across other areas of the stadium.
- There have already been 20 additional bins placed next to condiment stations over the last few seasons; however, we are always looking at alternative and additional bins to add around the concourses.
Food and Beverage
- Pre-poured stations are now being trialled to reduce queue times.
- New menus in the concourses include an increased variety of vegan and vegetarian foods.
- Modernised and healthier food menus will also feature during the season.
- Forks now accompany pies located via the condiment stations.
- New systems have been installed to help develop a cashless kiosk system in the concourses.
- De-caff coffee is served in the middle kiosk of each concourse, with premium options being introduced in due course.
If you would like to have your say in one of our matchday experience surveys, opt in to receive our marketing communication emails. If you are unsure on your preferences, you can update yours here.